Where to focus on if you want to buy a scanner?
Particularly with scanning rare books you want to choose the best professional scanner. After all, the better the quality of the scan, the better the OCR-result will be!
Points of interest:
- Resolution. This is being expressed in pixels per inch: ppi or dpi.
- Lighting. The BookEye 4 is a line-scanner. The image is build up per line. The lighting follows the scan, so this is a very evenly distributed scan.
- Sharpness or Focus. A line-scanner has a dynamic focus and follows the surface of the book – so it is always a sharp image.
- Speed. The modern bookscanner has a vey high speed. Within a few seconds the image is scanned, cropt, aligned, split and stored. BIQE software stands for speed.
- Driver. You can choose for a standard TWAIN-DRIVER which will work with every connected scanner, or you can choose for our specially developed API-DRIVER, that works with all BookEye and WideTEK scanners – even those with the newest firmware!