BIQE ‘user defined format’
… Scanning books is a very time-consuming job
The outsource of scanning is no guarantee of quality nowadays …!
How to scan books WITH …
Scanning an A4 book by using an A2 scanner with 600 dpi will take about 10 seconds, depending on the speed of your scanner, but …?
Before you can scan the next page you have to wait at least 10 seconds, as your scanned image has to be processed by your scanning software program first!
If you scan an A4 book on an A2 scanner you will get black edges around the scanned document while scanning the entire A2 area.
The file size of each plate increases unnecessarily as the black edges are also saved in your scanned image. Eventually you’ll need to buy an even larger hard drive to store all of these images!
After you have scanned thousands of pages, the real work actually starts! As each image needs to be reviewed and adjusted to meet the requirements. This can be very time consuming and nerve racking from time to time.
As not every post-processing program will cut off the black borders correctly, you’ll need to do a final check. This final check of your document is an important task, which requires lots of precision an some strong nerves as well.
How to scan Books WITHOUT …
BIQE has developed a special API driver with a so-called ‘user defined format’.
How does it work?
- Just drag a rectangular shape with your mouse around the pages you’d like to scan. (as per the green shape in the image above)
- By using this option, you’ll be able to scan an A2 document in only 3.5 seconds. This is an improvement of 6.5 seconds per scan. Imagine how this will add up when you scan thousands of pages!
- No more trouble removing black edges around your book pages.
- Much smaller files as a result, which puts less pressure on your storage capacity.
‘user defined format’:
- Scanning will take only 6 seconds! Waiting period: 4 seconds. (This means you’ll save 10 seconds per scan.)
- No black edges to correct!
- Smaller files as a result and therefore less storage capacity required.
You just want to scan, split, crop and export?
As time, space and nerves are no longer a negative factor for you !
- Select the config tab instead of the user tab (see the images below)
- Your images are now automatically split and cropped
- Sometimes a bit of the black edges are still visible due to the crop function not being a 100% accurate.
- As the entire A2 surface is being scanned, the process will take a bit longer, so the waiting period increases.
In the picture below you can see the user interface of the automatic split and crop of the BIQE software.
As you can see the black edges need to be removed for a better end result. The top and the bottom of the pages need some more cropping to achieve a good image. Just use the crop filter tool from the BIQE software to arrange this!
- Fast and easy
Scanned images can be immediately processed in the same program. You don’t have to switch PC screens, and no additional software needed in the process from scan2OCR.
- Dozens of smart features
From importing to splitting and cropping images; selecting and organizing 38 Image-filters for the best result; batch processing, export to all file types. Convince yourself of the possibilities.
- Fraktur and Gothic font types
BIQE also offers you recognition of Fraktur and Gothic font types and this can be processed without any limits and with no extra costs.
- Value for money
BIQE offers professional solutions that are about 50% cheaper than those of providers.
- Perfectly searchable digital archive
All your documents searchable and easy to use. Perfect when you run an administration where frequent search is asked for.
- A special developed API-driver
This API-driver functions with all BookEye scanners and Widetek scanners, even if you have the latest firmware!
In case of any questions, please feel free to contact us, we’ll be more than pleased to help.